(Parents, please help us encourage these behaviors!)
- Be kind to everyone.
- Respect the places we visit.
- Listen carefully to instructions.
- Have fun!
We appreciate your assitance to keep things running smoothly.
- Be punctual. Arrive a few minutes early to check in with organizers, so we can start on time.
- Assist our students in being attentive and cooperative with our hosts. We would like our group to have a great reputation when we are out and about!
- Set a good example for our students. Please keep talking to a minimum while our hosts are giving instructions or information to our students. You are welcome to separate yourself from the group for socialization with other parents, as long as your student is participating appropriately.
- We appreciate all of the parents in our group taking a "common sense" approach, and keeping an eye out for the safety of all of the children present.
Policies and Procedures
- Your event registration will not be held until payment is received. If you will not be paying upon registration, please let an organizer know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in the comments on the registration form.
- Payment must be made by the time of registration closing. Prompt payment is appreciated.
- Payments may be combined into one transaction.
- Refunds will not be issued once prepayment or headcounts have been submitted, unless you can find a replacement for your reservation - often we can assist you.
- If you are unable to attend an event, free or paid, for which you have registered, please contact an organizer as soon as possible. Our hosts plan their events based on our registrations.
- Refunds will be issued for paid events canceled by the organizers.
Meetings and Field Trips:
- Children may not be dropped off without an accompanying adult at any of our events. Parents or another caregiver are expected to attend and assist as needed with their child, unless otherwise noted.
- If a student is not behaving appropriately, an organizer may request that you stay with them for the duration of their class or field trip.
- Homeschool Rocks! is not liable for any injury or illness sustained at any activity, nor are any of the organizing parents.
Due to a number of young children with severe anaphylactic peanut allergies in HSR!, we request that you do not bring any peanut or peanut butter snacks to any of our events, for your own student or to share.
Generally, parents will provide a snack for their child; occasionally there may be treats or organized snacks. We will do our best to announce these in advance so that you can make accommodations for your child's allergies and sensitivities, if they are unable to partake in the group snack. If any child has a life threatening allergy, please let us know.
We ask that all families take the necessary precautions at our events to prevent the spread of Covid-19, including washing or sanitzing your hands frequently, wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible, checking your student's temperature before attending an event, and staying home if you have had contact with a confirmed Covid patient in the last 14 days, or if someone in your household is ill.
At some events, masks and/or temperature checks may be mandatory, please read your confirmation email when you register for details regarding requirements for each event.
By registering for events with HSR!, you are assuming all risk of illness. If you have an increased risk of complications from Covid-19, we encourage you to join us for virtual activities for your health and safety.
Children with special needs are welcome to join us. Please, let us know how we can help reasonably accommodate your child. We rely on you to let us know how to best assist your child.
No Show - No Call Policy
In an effort to respect our field trip hosts and organizers, we will be implementing a fee of $10 per family when free field trips are skipped without notice. Notice must be provided at least 24 hours before the field trip start time via email, Facebook message or post, or text. This does not apply to field trips that required payment. If you register for a field trip that does not require payment and you do not provide notice that you will not be showing up, your account will be deactivated for future registrations pending payment of the $10 fee.
Homeschool Rocks! does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, members, volunteers, and vendors.
Image Consent Policy:
By registering for any Homeschool Rocks! Event, Class, Field Trip or Activity, permission is granted to use any photographs or videos of your child in connection with publicity for Homeschool Rocks! Photos and videos may be posted on Facebook, Instagram, our website, and other social media. Photos may also be printed for distribution. We will never attach a child's name or personal information to any photo or video without explicit written permission.
Tobacco, Drug, Alcohol, and Firearms Policy
Tobacco use of any kind, including smoking and vaping, is not permitted at any HSR! event.
Possession or use of illegal substances, alcohol, or firearms is not permitted at any HSR! event.
- We reserve the right to remove from the website any member who does not respect our rules or other members.
- Membership is verified by an organizer before you can view details or register for our events.
- Discounts are available to our members in good standing. Membership letters are available for other Homeschool-related discounts.